Membership has its benefits.
Join or renew your membership today!
Benefits of Membership
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (SePA Chapter AACN) is the largest among 240 national chapters.
Established first as the American Association of Cardiovascular Nursing, AACN’s growth has directly paralleled the increasing importance of critical care nursing, as a specialty. The SePA Chapter was first chartered in 1972.
Through its activities, the organization seeks to:
- Provide leadership and leadership development within critical care nursing
- Demonstrate responsiveness to issues and concerns, raised by members, consumers, and other interested parties
- Promote means to enhance affiliation and support networks for members and professional colleagues.
- Operate effectively and efficiently, with respect to human and financial resources
- Provide value and quality in all educational programs, activities and products
- SePA Chapter continues to offer numerous educational opportunities.
- SePA Chapter AACN publishes a bi-annual newsletter
The chapter supports and encourages excellence in critical care nursing by providing awards for Excellence in Critical Care Practice, Education and Management.
In an effort to promote continuing education, the chapter offers scholarships for continuing education, for attendance at professional conferences, and pursuit of academic study. In addition, research grants are awarded, twice yearly, for critical care nurses who are conducting or utilizing research evidence.
There are 14 elected officers and various active committees devoted to meeting the needs of our members and providing quality continuing nursing educational programs.